Our names are Caroline and Chris. We’re a 30-something couple in the North West of England who work full time but try to go on holiday every 3 months. Or as much as we can stretch 32.5 days of annual leave to…
After our honeymoon in May 2016, we started Pack The Suitcases. Basically, we needed a project to fill the void left by 3 years of wedding planning being over. So we bought a fancy camera, got into photography and started to blog about our honeymoon. One of our first blogs ever (about Reykjavik) went a bit viral and the rest is history.
I (Caroline) tend to do most of the writing, but we share the photography between us.
I’m originally from a little village in Liverpool and Chris is from Stockport, but we’re now based just on the border between Stockport and Cheshire. It’s near enough to the city of Manchester for work and civilisation, but also only minutes away from lovely Cheshire countryside. Oh and it’s very close to Manchester Airport, which we deffo make the most of.
We’ve been together since January 2011 and holidays have always played a huge part in our relationship. So we’d already been to quite a lot of destinations together before starting the blog. I decided not to do too many ‘retrospective’ blog posts because a) it would take forever and b) our old camera was embarrassingly bad. We’ll probably return to a lot of the places we loved anyway.
Our holidays are mostly UK and European city breaks but we’re lucky enough to have friends in Japan so we try to visit them regularly too.
You can get in touch with us here.
Countries/cities visited together
- England – We live here (unfortunately) so have seen a lot of it. Our ‘home’ cities are Liverpool and Manchester. We love Kirkby Lonsdale and Shrewsbury for weekends away.
- Scotland – Dumfries & Galloway area – Kirkcudbright and around it (x2), Edinburgh (x3), North Berwick (x2)
- Isle of Man – all over the island! Note: it’s not part of the UK.
- Germany – Munich (x2), Berlin, Landsberg am Lech
- Bulgaria – Sofia
- Portugal – Madeira (x2), Lisbon, Porto, Vila Nova De Gaia, Guimaraes
- Austria – Salzburg, Vienna
- France – Paris
- Belgium – Bruges
- Spain – Gran Canaria
- Italy – Rome
- Vatican City – !
- Denmark – Copenhagen (x2)
- Sweden – Stockholm (x2), Gothenburg, Malmo (x2)
- Norway – Bergen
- Iceland – Reykjavik
- Japan – Tokyo (x2), Kyoto, Matsumoto, Kanazawa, Itoigawa, Naoshima, Himeji, Kobe, Nara, Takamatsu
- Malta – Valletta, Mdina, Gozo, Golden Bay, Sliema
- Slovenia – Ljubljana
- Croatia – Zagreb
Around the web
Some sites we’ve been featured/interviewed on:
- Goteborg press clips – Gothenburg Official Visitor Guide, July 2016
- British couple ‘shocked’ by the sheer volume of tourists in Reykjavík – Iceland Magazine, August 2016
- Non-traditional elegance: a gold dress and first look for a feminist bride and her glasshouse wedding – Love My Dress wedding blog, June 2017
- 9 of the best open-jaw trips, as recommended by travel bloggers – Helen on Her Holidays, July 2017
- Foodie travel: What is the ultimate afternoon tea? – Wanderer of the World, July 2017
- International Beer Day – sampling the world’s best beer – Dreams in Heels, August 2017
- Interview with Pack The Suitcases – Eat Sleep Love Travel, September 2017
- Travel bloggers’ love stories: incredible, but true! – Travel Moments In Time, September 2017.
You can subscribe for email alerts whenever we publish a new blog post. Just sign up in the box to the right (if you’re on a laptop) or at the bottom (if you’re on a tablet or mobile).